Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gospel Night

God is good. God is very good. Tonight we had the gospel night and God definitely did work. Between the testimonies shared and the songs and everything, God reached some students. Some came to Christ. Others had seed planted to night. All in all, we must praise Him, amen!

Sorry for the lack of posts. Our team has been super busy with the Camp which has been going very well. All of us seem to be getting closer with the students and the Gospel Night definitely aided that process.

I just want to share with everyone something about tonight and how God worked in my heart (this is Andrew btw). During my Youth Group years I never had a problem sharing, in fact, I usually never have a problem sharing about my life. But for this trip, there was something weird about me sharing a testimony for the Gospel Night. Yesterday when Tony asked who wanted to share, I considered it in my head. But instantly I felt this push in my heart, and then in my hand. Seriously God was telling me to raise my hand to volunteer to share. I obeyed and started praying about what to say. After praying that night with the guys, I knew to talk about my academic/scholar life and about its emptiness (at least, that's what I aimed for). Tonight I shared about something that I tried to delete from my mind. My suicide phase. Not many people know of this part of my life, and God just led me to share it tonight in addition to my testimony about life's emptiness. I had major issues trying to get the words out, and I felt bad that Jackie had to awkwardly stand next to me to translate my next sentence. But indeed God is good. He delivered me from that low in my life and has given me New Life. Praise God indeed.

God is good all the time. And all the time God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment